If you didn’t already know, I have a YouTube channel. I’ve been trying to start one up for a few years now and I’d start it then not keep up with it because of time and lacking video ideas. However I recently downsized my camera to a Canon G7x (which I love) and re-started my YouTube channel. My aim is weekly vlogs because that’ll be easier to work around my university but still have videos that are tutorials, hauls and so on. I think having a more laid back channel will be so much easier to work around my schedule and as I’m not working anymore I’ll have time on a weekend to edit or film if I need too.
The channels been up for about a month now and I have managed to keep uploading at least one video a week (which is my aim) and I have been really enjoying it. Having spent four years studying photography I didn’t want to completely forget my creative side, however I just don’t have the buzz to take photos anymore, I seem to have more of a buzz to film videos and write blog posts which I am enjoying so much more. So check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you’d like. Its not perfect and there is room for improvement, but I have just started and improvement will come as I do it more often.
Heres a link to my YouTube Channel if you’d like to look!
When I went to London with my friend, we went straight into Selfridges. It was like heaven. I’ve never been to Selfridges before and I order a lot of my make up online so walking into there where there was so much good looking make up was amazing! I went to all the stalls and had an idea of some products that I wanted to buy and held myself back from buying some products (the Victoria Beckham highlighter is high up on my Christmas list just saying). However I’ve been eyeing Charlotte Tilbury products for a few years but just never got round to buying anything from her, but my friend Arabella has her sculpt palette and when we saw it at her stand, I brought it. The lady who served us also gave us sixteen foundation samples to share between us as well which was pretty cool of her to do.
I’ve been using this everyday since I got it and I have to admit. Its amazing. If you want a subtle contour this is 100% the one for you. When I go to uni I don’t want to be wearing a really bold contour and highlight because thats a bit OTT for uni. But this is perfect, the bronze is subtle but you can see the difference when its on, it blends really easily and is really pigmented. The highlight, although its gold and I’ve never used a gold highlight before, is really nice. Its not a harsh highlight so if you want it a bit more blinding you have to really build it up, but it looks super gorgeous on the skin and adds a really natural looking glow. I want to try this with an Iconic London liquid highlighter, but as mines in the pink shade I need to repurchase the golden one (as long as its not too dark for me as I’m fairly pale). This is 100% going to be my go to for university and its in a really pretty packaging thats pretty sturdy and thin at the same time. 100% reccomend.
So I found this tag online which I think is an interesting one, I’m planning on doing a get to know me video for my YouTube channel soon and came across this and thought it would make a good one for my blog. So here we go:
1. Did you wake up cranky? Not today no
2. Would you date an 18-year-old at you’r current age? Nope, not into younger guys
3. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys? either, not really fussed
4. Would you ever smile at a stranger? yep, always do if they smile at me or look at me
5. Can you commit to one person? 100% yes, already committed & going strong
6. How do you look right now? rough. as. hell.
7. What exactly are you wearing right now? leggins & a baggy top with a messy pony
8. How often do you listen to music? EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I would die with out music.
9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more? ohhhhh…. I think its a tie…. probably jeans????
10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2020? Yes. Got so many good things to look forward to and so much that can change really quickly11. Are you an introvert or an extrovert. extrovert.
12. Are you good at hiding your feelings? yep I really can
13. Can you drive a stick shift? Guessing this is a manual car & yes, thats what I learnt to drive in.
14. Do you care if people talk badly about you? Nope. It amuses me because their wasting so much of their time bitching & its not affecting me in the slightest.
15. Are you going out of town soon? I’m going to Copenhagen in December
16. When was the last time you cried? a few weeks ago
17. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to? yes. When I first met my boyfriend, although I thought he was cute, never expected him to ever like me.
18. If you could change your eye color, would you and what color would they be? I love my eye colour…. I’d maybe make them a more striking blue but otherwise no
19. Name something you have to do tomorrow? I have to go training if I want to do nationals in November….
Hope this was interesting & dont forget to check out my YouTube channel!!
I’ve finally manned up and done something I’ve been wanting to do for ages. I’ve started a Vlog YouTube channel. I’ve tried countless times to make a channel with weekly videos, however I just don’t have the time to sit down and plan, film and edit and video that’s going to be as good as I want it to be, so this way I can do that.
I’ll be uploading weekly vlogs (my life isn’t interesting enough for daily vlogs, especially since I’m going to uni in September). So I’ll be filming through out the week and putting it into one weekly video that will be uploaded every Sunday. The perks to this is that if I then get a video idea, some extra time or a product to review or something to haul, I can then do a sit down video. I’ve been wanting to do YouTube for nearly five years now and just haven’t built up the courage to do it, and by the time I did, I didn’t have enough time to dedicate to it. So heres to another chance. Please subscribe to my channel, I should have my first video up this week!