Autumn is by far my favourite season, its the time of having Lush baths, candles, books and hot chocolates with the log fire going. I don’t think that there is anything I prefer better than snuggling on the sofa under a blanket with a cup of tea or hot chocolate watching a film or reading a book (my autumn book list will be up soon as well!!)
One of my personal favourites is going for walks or cycle rides through the woods, where the leaves are starting to fall and it just smells so fresh. Nothing beats some of the views you’ll spot or having some coffee and cake after a nice walk or cycle.
My second thing is all the autumn scented things that come out (body shop vanilla pumpkin body wash & moisturiser is my life right now). Theres never a more perfect time to light some candles and smother yourself in scented moisturisers before getting into some fluffy pyjamas.
The third thing is how fresh the mornings are. This is normally something a lot of people hate but I love the colder weather and how refreshing it is to walk through in the morning, it really wakes you up I feel. Also makes you appreciate the warmth of the bus when you finally get on it!
Getting to layer clothing. Jumpers and leggings with fluffy socks and hoodies just so many ways to layer clothes and its the perfect weather for wearing both a hoody and a leather jacket! And don’t forget getting to wear hats finally and gloves and scarves!
Reading a book after a bath. Nothing beats reading a good book after a nice bath, especially if you reading via fairy lights draped in your room all snuggled under a thick duvet and blanket.
Thunderstorms. I’m a total sucker for thunderstorms, if its raining then you can guarantee Im wrapped in a blanket and hoody reading in the conservatory where I can hear the rain hitting the roof. Its also the perfect time to put some logs on the fire and cosy the place up!
Whats your favourite things about autumn?
Photos are mine.
Since I am planning on filming a YouTube video on this as well, I thought I’d do a blog post on it at the same time!
- I live in London/Surrey in England
- I’m 20 years old & my birthdays in May
- I don’t have any siblings
- My boyfriend & I have been going out for nearly two years
- I’m studying BSc Hons in Physiotherapy at one of the top medical schools in England & hope to either specialise in either respiratory or rehabilitation after transplants and illnesses
- I really want to get guinea pigs and also rescue another dog
- I have a brown belt in karate & have been doing it since I was six
- I’m learning how to speak Italian
- I have a few medical conditions such as a heart defect called Mitral Valve Regurgitation (leaky valve), Asthma, IBS & an autoimmune kidney disease called idiopathic membranous nephropathy
- Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons, I love nothing more than watching a film when it rains all cosy inside
- As well as karate I cycle competitively and horse ride
- I have seven piercings (two lobes, double helix, rook, belly & conch) but no tattoos, although I am planning on getting one soon
- I grew up as a carer for my mum who had a stroke after I was born as well as having ushers syndrome amongst others
- I met my boyfriend through work although we didn’t start going out until a year later
- I love reading. I can sit and read a book for hours on end
- I drink tea way too much
- I’m very thick skinned and it takes a lot to upset me
- I studied photography for A-level and HND (higher national diploma)
- I love make up and fashion and I’m forever talking myself out of buying things
- Although I can be impulsive I like to plan certain things in advance and can get rather agitated when things don’t go as planned
So these are 20 facts about me! The YouTube video of it will be up soon!
I think since it’s now officially supposed to be summer, its time to do a 10 things im loving post.
- Lush Tea Tree Toner Water – I’ve had this for a while and keep going back to it because its been working so well on my skin at helping to calm and prevent breakouts and its the perfect size for sticking in your hand bag if you want to spritz your face with it during the day to feel more refreshed.
- Jeffree Star Skin Frost – I’ve had this for a little while now and its my number one highlighter! I’m looking at eventually getting some of the others but its such a nice highlighter and it doesnt have to be blinding but if you want to, you can build it up which is what I absolutely love about it! Its perfect for every occasion!
- Apple Music – I was a little bit late on the ride for this one and it was a friend who finally convinced me to try it when he was using it whilst we were snowboarding. I think its so good and I absolutely love it so much! I love that you can save the songs to your phone and make your own playlists and its perfect for now its getting sunnier for those sunny walks with some music on your headphones.
- The original Champneys health spa, summer dream rewarding butter souffle – I’ve had the set of the body wash, body scrub and body butter for a while, but during the winter I get lazy and often forget about the body scrub and body butter unless I have a race that requires shorts. But these have the nicest smell to them and I love them, their a fair price for what you get and a little goes a long way especially with the body butter.
- Adidas Original trainers – I brought these a few months back because I’m wearing through my other trainers so quickly and these have become one of my outfit staples. They go with so many different outfits and are super comfy, by far my favourite trainers.
- Gardenia Blossom scented candle – I brought this from Clintons a few months back and fell in love with the scent. It was planned to go in my bathroom for when I’m having a bath, but it ended up being moved to my bedroom and is my go to candle at the moment. The scent is amazing and so summery, I’m looking at getting body wash and body butter in the same scent! Its my favourite!
- Peppermint tea – I was told to drink a lot of peppermint tea by my doctors for my stomach condition, especially for when I’m stressed, and the last seven or so months have been super stressful so I’ve been downing this by the gallon and to be totally honest, I actually really like it, its got a nice refreshing taste that actually makes me feel a tad more awake once I’ve finished it. I’ve got a box at my boyfriends as well I love it that much!
- A notebook – I know this isn’t a specific thing, but I’ve really been enjoying having a notebook and pen on me at all times so I can write down things that come to mind and also have notes on me when I go to hospital appointments. Its also really helpful at letting me keep track of my health to tell my care team as well as noting down things I dont want to forget or ideas that I want to try. I really do love a good notebook!
- Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick – I have this in the shade Androgyny and its by far my favourite liquid lipstick. I love how it applies so nicely and isn’t drying on the lips, it also has such a bold and long lasting colour so you dont have to keep re-applying it.
- Infamous Second Son – my boyfriends bother lent me some PS4 games to play after I had an operation and had to not do anything for two weeks, and this was one of them. Its been my total favourite and I really love it, its an idea and story that I hadn’t realised anyone had done yet or at least done well and I’m totally hooked.
So those are my ten things I’m loving at the moment. I’m planning on uploading a bit more regularly as I’m coming to the end of my HND course and family/medical stuff is starting to sort itself out so I should have a bit more time to do things and blog for you all.
Comment below what you’re loving at the moment to give me ideas of things to try!
Autumn is my favourite season next to Winter. I just prefer the colder months as well as the fact its race season. I really love the whole getting to wrap up, rain & puddles as well as having the fire on in the house whilst wrapped up in a thick blanket watching TV and drinking tea. I also love after races when you get in the warm shower and wash all the mud off and change into tracksuit bottoms or sitting in the car on the way home covered in a towel or blanket drinking a hot drink thinking of how fun the race was.
This Autumn I am planning on enjoying it as much as I can, including going to pumpkin patches, walks in the woods and drinking seasonal Starbucks drinks. I am also going shopping this Wednesday where I am hoping to buy loads of Autumnal/Winter clothes which I can then do a haul on & an Autumn outfit thing as well.
In the mean time I’m gonna go back to drinking my tea in my bedroom (which I’ve made cosy with candles and blankets with pillows soon to come) and watching Netflix (for those not too squeamish I’d 100% recommend watching House MD!).
Will be back with another blog post soon!