I thought since there was so much that I’m currently excited about that I’d put it in a blog post. There is one huuuge thing I’m super super excited about, but I don’t want to write about it right now because I personally think its a huge thing I want to tell as few people about as possible until it actually happens.
- Starting University: I start university on the 25th September and let me tell you, words cannot describe how excited I am to start. I’ve always wanted to do something in the NHS (ignoring my 4 years of photography) but I couldn’t figure out what, until talking to my mum and she suggested Physiotherapy and it all clicked. I applied for university with no physio experience, no science A-level (but I did have an A*A*A in art, design & photography….) and the caring experience really to show was growing up as a young carer for my mum. I applied to four universities, three declined and one gave me an interview before offering me a place. The bonus? It was my dream university that I was dying to attend!
- Going to Copenhagen: My boyfriend and myself booked a city break in Copenhagen right before Christmas to go to their Christmas markets and sight see. I’m super excited because it looks like such a gorgeous country. I’m going to Vlog whilst out there and take plenty of photos for blog posts.
- Getting a New Car: This one is also happening fairly soon. My current cars slightly unreliable in terms of breaking down. I can’t complain, its a 2002 Renault Clio and has endured three years of my driving, driving either a short ten minute distance or a two/three hour distance (not much of an in-between) and has also made it out of one car accident fairly unscathed (the other car not so much….). Its broken down twice for actual reasons, but recently its developed a liking of turning on the engine management light, revving itself and not allowing me to accelerate… all with no apparent reason (we even connected a diagnostics kit and didnt get any codes). The fact I needed a new car really set in yesterday when I was sitting in traffic, went to pull off and my car just turned itself off… engine management light on…. but no power. It wouldn’t turn over too & when it did, it revved so loud I instantly turned it off…. so yeah, I’m car shopping! There’ll also be a video & blog post on my new car!
- Learning Italian: Considering myself and my boyfriend spend a lot of time in Italy…. neither of use speak very much Italian, and what we do speak is fairly bad. So we’ve found ourselves an Italian teacher to come and teach us some so we don’t have to rely on his Aunt & her son to translate for us. The exciting thing is we aren’t going to tell them, we’re gonna turn up and start chatting in Italian as a surprise.
- Snowboarding: This isn’t until February/March time depending on my holiday times around uni, but I’m going back to Italy for snowboarding again this year with friends. I spend a fair amount of time in Italy because my boyfriend has family friends out there who have three houses and lend us one to snowboard. So we pay £50 rent for the electrics/water we use, and bus it up the mountain everyday to snowboard, before coming back in the evening!
This is about all going on at the moment that I’m excited about so keep an eye out on vlogs & blog posts about some of these things!!
I recently got back from snowboarding with my boyfriend and some friends (literally got home about three hours ago) and so thought I’d write a post about it. It was my first time snowboarding and I have to admit, I loved every minute of it and even made it onto the red runs on my first day. We travelled to Chiavenna in Italy, its a small town in a valley which is the most picturesque place I have honestly ever been.
It was a long day travelling, leaving at four in the morning to get the flight then two trains from Milan taking just over two hours. Thankfully my boyfriends family friend who lives out there picked us up from the train station so we didn’t have to drag our bags up the mountain to their house (its a very steep trek uphill to their house) and also managed to squeeze in a food shop at the same time. My boyfriend and his friends have been before but this was my first time going to snowboard, so they introduced me to their tradition of kebab pizzas on the first night. I’m not technically supposed to eat either kebab or pizzas because my stomach cant cope with digesting that much fatty food, so I opted for a basic salami pizza whist the others ordered kebab pizza. I had a slice of my boyfriends and it was honestly so good, its worth a try!!
We went up the mountain and hired our snowboards from a local sports shop in Madesimo before starting our first day boarding. It was fairly snowy with heavy snowfall whilst we were boarding so we started on the bunny slope to get to grips with it before going onto a tougher run. The snow and wind was fairly heavy so you couldnt see very far in front of you which I wasn’t a huge fan off. It made me kinda disorientated so when I thought I was going downwards, I was actually going pretty much side ways and always ended up falling over. It did clear up a few days after so I ventured onto some tougher slopes and even mastered getting off the lifts (one of the guys keeping an eye on the ski lift actually started standing to the side of the chair I was getting off on so he could help steady me and guide me off. I still managed to fall). There were two particular runs that I really liked because they were fast and flowing, and once you have some music playing on your headphones, its honestly the best thing ever! I also fell a few times because I got a bit too into my music rather than focusing on staying upright on my board.
The scenery was stunning, having only seen it in the summer, it was amazing to see it in the winter as well, so was amazed at how beautiful it looked covered in snow, like my photos seriously don’t do it any justice. The last few days it got a bit warmer so the slopes turned to ice, so we stayed in Chiavenna and had a relaxed day before going out in the night then go karting on the Saturday. Before go karting we went up to his family friends house (we stayed in their summer house) and had a bbq outside in their garden. They have a stone bbq and their amazing cooks so their ‘bit of lunch’ is usually a buffet. The sun came out and it was pretty warm and it was such a nice atmosphere, listening to music, joking and eating some amazing food with a stunning view. Needless to say I didn’t want to leave and I’m planning on going back in the summer hopefully.
This is a total recommended place for a nice holiday and you should definitely check it out!
This week I am going to Italy snowboarding. I’m proper excited and despite some health complications, I’m all set to go and super excited! I thought I would do a whats in my carry on because I’ve seen so many other people do it so I thought why not?!
My carry on bag is a Superdry rucksack thats dark pink and really roomy. I find its the perfect size to fit everything in it and has a front compartment that I can put things in that I might need quickly. In the front compartment I tend to leave my asthma inhaler and medication in there as especially with the medication, its hard to dig out of a packed bag.
In my main bag I have a small blanket because I tend to get really cold, really quickly so a blanket is pretty essential for me. I also put in a spare hoody and some fluffy socks with a bottle of water and bottle of something fizzy like coke incase I have a dizzy spell and need sugar. I also put in my iPod my with headphones and a book. My purse along with my tickets and passport also goes into an inside compartment of my bag so I can get to them easily but their not in an easy place to be stolen.
Make up wise I take make up wipes, incase I fall asleep and wake with some panda eyes, as well as a pack of hair ties and slides so I can tie my hair if needed. I also like to take my Lush Tea Tree Toner spray because I don’t put foundation on when flying, just mascara so its nice to spritz my face with it once I get off the plane to feel a bit more awake.
Its not much but I’m only going on a short haul flight which is only an hour and half so I dont really need much… but keep an eye on my blog for some make up reviews, lush haul and updates from my snowboarding holiday!!