Since I am planning on filming a YouTube video on this as well, I thought I’d do a blog post on it at the same time!
- I live in London/Surrey in England
- I’m 20 years old & my birthdays in May
- I don’t have any siblings
- My boyfriend & I have been going out for nearly two years
- I’m studying BSc Hons in Physiotherapy at one of the top medical schools in England & hope to either specialise in either respiratory or rehabilitation after transplants and illnesses
- I really want to get guinea pigs and also rescue another dog
- I have a brown belt in karate & have been doing it since I was six
- I’m learning how to speak Italian
- I have a few medical conditions such as a heart defect called Mitral Valve Regurgitation (leaky valve), Asthma, IBS & an autoimmune kidney disease called idiopathic membranous nephropathy
- Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons, I love nothing more than watching a film when it rains all cosy inside
- As well as karate I cycle competitively and horse ride
- I have seven piercings (two lobes, double helix, rook, belly & conch) but no tattoos, although I am planning on getting one soon
- I grew up as a carer for my mum who had a stroke after I was born as well as having ushers syndrome amongst others
- I met my boyfriend through work although we didn’t start going out until a year later
- I love reading. I can sit and read a book for hours on end
- I drink tea way too much
- I’m very thick skinned and it takes a lot to upset me
- I studied photography for A-level and HND (higher national diploma)
- I love make up and fashion and I’m forever talking myself out of buying things
- Although I can be impulsive I like to plan certain things in advance and can get rather agitated when things don’t go as planned
So these are 20 facts about me! The YouTube video of it will be up soon!
When I went to London with my friend, we went straight into Selfridges. It was like heaven. I’ve never been to Selfridges before and I order a lot of my make up online so walking into there where there was so much good looking make up was amazing! I went to all the stalls and had an idea of some products that I wanted to buy and held myself back from buying some products (the Victoria Beckham highlighter is high up on my Christmas list just saying). However I’ve been eyeing Charlotte Tilbury products for a few years but just never got round to buying anything from her, but my friend Arabella has her sculpt palette and when we saw it at her stand, I brought it. The lady who served us also gave us sixteen foundation samples to share between us as well which was pretty cool of her to do.
I’ve been using this everyday since I got it and I have to admit. Its amazing. If you want a subtle contour this is 100% the one for you. When I go to uni I don’t want to be wearing a really bold contour and highlight because thats a bit OTT for uni. But this is perfect, the bronze is subtle but you can see the difference when its on, it blends really easily and is really pigmented. The highlight, although its gold and I’ve never used a gold highlight before, is really nice. Its not a harsh highlight so if you want it a bit more blinding you have to really build it up, but it looks super gorgeous on the skin and adds a really natural looking glow. I want to try this with an Iconic London liquid highlighter, but as mines in the pink shade I need to repurchase the golden one (as long as its not too dark for me as I’m fairly pale). This is 100% going to be my go to for university and its in a really pretty packaging thats pretty sturdy and thin at the same time. 100% reccomend.
I thought since there was so much that I’m currently excited about that I’d put it in a blog post. There is one huuuge thing I’m super super excited about, but I don’t want to write about it right now because I personally think its a huge thing I want to tell as few people about as possible until it actually happens.
- Starting University: I start university on the 25th September and let me tell you, words cannot describe how excited I am to start. I’ve always wanted to do something in the NHS (ignoring my 4 years of photography) but I couldn’t figure out what, until talking to my mum and she suggested Physiotherapy and it all clicked. I applied for university with no physio experience, no science A-level (but I did have an A*A*A in art, design & photography….) and the caring experience really to show was growing up as a young carer for my mum. I applied to four universities, three declined and one gave me an interview before offering me a place. The bonus? It was my dream university that I was dying to attend!
- Going to Copenhagen: My boyfriend and myself booked a city break in Copenhagen right before Christmas to go to their Christmas markets and sight see. I’m super excited because it looks like such a gorgeous country. I’m going to Vlog whilst out there and take plenty of photos for blog posts.
- Getting a New Car: This one is also happening fairly soon. My current cars slightly unreliable in terms of breaking down. I can’t complain, its a 2002 Renault Clio and has endured three years of my driving, driving either a short ten minute distance or a two/three hour distance (not much of an in-between) and has also made it out of one car accident fairly unscathed (the other car not so much….). Its broken down twice for actual reasons, but recently its developed a liking of turning on the engine management light, revving itself and not allowing me to accelerate… all with no apparent reason (we even connected a diagnostics kit and didnt get any codes). The fact I needed a new car really set in yesterday when I was sitting in traffic, went to pull off and my car just turned itself off… engine management light on…. but no power. It wouldn’t turn over too & when it did, it revved so loud I instantly turned it off…. so yeah, I’m car shopping! There’ll also be a video & blog post on my new car!
- Learning Italian: Considering myself and my boyfriend spend a lot of time in Italy…. neither of use speak very much Italian, and what we do speak is fairly bad. So we’ve found ourselves an Italian teacher to come and teach us some so we don’t have to rely on his Aunt & her son to translate for us. The exciting thing is we aren’t going to tell them, we’re gonna turn up and start chatting in Italian as a surprise.
- Snowboarding: This isn’t until February/March time depending on my holiday times around uni, but I’m going back to Italy for snowboarding again this year with friends. I spend a fair amount of time in Italy because my boyfriend has family friends out there who have three houses and lend us one to snowboard. So we pay £50 rent for the electrics/water we use, and bus it up the mountain everyday to snowboard, before coming back in the evening!
This is about all going on at the moment that I’m excited about so keep an eye out on vlogs & blog posts about some of these things!!
Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to Tonbridge to meet him mum. It was my first time meeting her because she lives out in Australia so I haven’t had a chance to meet her. We had lunch at a resturant called Graze which was next to the river and had a nice lunch, before going for a wander along the river and ending up on a footpath which we followed and just chatted. After the walk we decided on sitting by the river with a coffee where we heard music coming from the castle, only to find there was an orchestra there playing, so we moved up and listened to them playing. It was honestly such an amazing day and we had really nice weather for it too. Wilfs (my boyfriend) mum had so many amazing stories to tell from Australia which I really enjoyed listening to and really made me want to go to Australia and see it all myself.
Here are some photos from Tonbridge:
I’ve finally manned up and done something I’ve been wanting to do for ages. I’ve started a Vlog YouTube channel. I’ve tried countless times to make a channel with weekly videos, however I just don’t have the time to sit down and plan, film and edit and video that’s going to be as good as I want it to be, so this way I can do that.
I’ll be uploading weekly vlogs (my life isn’t interesting enough for daily vlogs, especially since I’m going to uni in September). So I’ll be filming through out the week and putting it into one weekly video that will be uploaded every Sunday. The perks to this is that if I then get a video idea, some extra time or a product to review or something to haul, I can then do a sit down video. I’ve been wanting to do YouTube for nearly five years now and just haven’t built up the courage to do it, and by the time I did, I didn’t have enough time to dedicate to it. So heres to another chance. Please subscribe to my channel, I should have my first video up this week!
So with 2016 finally over, I’m hoping that 2017 is going to be a better year and a time where I can really start to get my life together and do what makes me happy. I’m going to be honest, my 2017 hasn’t started on the best note in some ways but I’m determined to get through the challenges that these are presenting me and have a good year. One of my main aims this year is to save money and just do what I want to do. I’m lucky enough to get to start this year off being flown out to Spain to do a photoshoot, before going to Italy to go snowboarding in March. In between that I have my new job which I am loving and getting to finish my studies before either starting new studies in a new subject or getting my first full time job. Either way which ever one happens I feel will happen for a reason, if I get to study my chosen course then it will allow me to meet new people, progress my skills and get a good job after, if not I’m going to get a strong portfolio of work together and find a full time job. The plus side to a full time job is not only having more money, but getting to be an adult and start saving for moving out. What ever happens I am happy with so we will see.
I also want to start putting more content on my blog so I have a lot of posts planned and I am aiming on dedicating more time to writing it and putting up more interesting and original content. A re-design may also happen at some point.
I am hoping this year will be a good year to start the next chapter of my life and progress onto moving out with my boyfriend at some point with in the next few years. I’m aiming on stepping up my training for my cycling to start placing higher in races, as well as establishing my own fashion style and feeling confident when wearing it. My blogs content is going to be different in the sense that as much of a make up/fashion blog it is, I am also going to update it with more bits of my life, ride and race updates, if something exciting happens updates as well as more lifestyle bits.
Heres to a good 2017!
With only a month and a bit left until 2017, its getting to that time of year where people start thinking of how to better themselves and start christmas shopping. So I since I’m never usually one for doing that (apart from buying xmas presents), I thought I’d make a list of things to do before 2017.
The first thing I want to do is clean out my room. I want to go through all my clothes, shoes, college books, everything and just sort out what I want and what I dont, because I’m reaching the point that I’m seriously running out of room and my floors becoming an extended wardrobe. I then want to sift through all that and give away what I can to charity shops and throw away the rest.
The second thing is I want to sort my eating habits. I have a really bad case of IBS to the point my doctors have me on various medications to try help ease and control it. I’ve been told to follow the FODMAP diet religiously but I haven’t had a chance yet. The down side of still living at home is my dad wont let me do the weekly shop, so I have no control over what is brought. I want to start making weekly meal plans and actually making sure that I’m eating clean and sticking to the diet.
The third thing is I want to start taking more pictures because I want to, not because its for my college project. I want to feel the love for photography that I always had before I started this course. This course seems to have sucked my love for photography away a bit and I want to fight to regain that.
The fourth thing is I want to do blogmas. I want to try and put up a blog post every day in December, through to Christmas. Now for me that’s going to be tough as I have a busy work and uni schedule, but I promise that I’m going to try, even if I just write a bit of a ramble about the day.
The fifth and final thing I want to do is get my conch pierced. For ages I’ve been admiring other peoples conch piercings online, especially with the ring, I think it looks super cute. However I just haven’t braved it and got it done yet. Now that my rook piercing is pretty much healed, I want to go get my conch done. It was a toss up between tragus and conch, but I just knew that either way I was going to get my conch done eventually so I decided to get that first.
I recently got my Urban Decay Illuminated high lighter a new eyeliner that I will be reviewing for you guys in a few days once I’ve had a chance to try them out.