Myself and my boyfriend both ride bikes. We also both do cyclocross. I’m taking a season out and only riding for fun to get fitness back after a year of not really riding much at all. Yesterday was the third round of the LCCA, and after missing last weeks due to my boyfriend moving house, he was pretty stoked to ride this week. I was also planning on riding until I came down with a bug, I decided it best to get over the bug before racing again. This round was held at Herne Hill Velodrome. The best bit is not many people know theres a velodrome near my area so when I tell people who are non-riders their a bit like ‘oh, didn’t know that was there’.
My boyfriends a pretty quick rider and has been doing this for a few years now, however he lacks self-confidence sometimes and psychs himself out sometimes, so my aim for this year is to help him realise how good he actually is and help him reach his full potential. He started this race really strong in 2nd place and I honestly thought he’d have it in the bag because he has a lot of stamina and can hold places through out a race and rarely drops down places unless crashing. Thats exactly what happened. He crashed on a techy piece that was slipper than expected. It was a tough terrain with the top layer being slippy and then it being hard packed mud underneath, needing mud tyre but high pressure. Wilf held himself around 10th for the whole race & built a big enough gap between him and the rider behind him. Although a bit bummed he crashed, he’s still chuffed with where he came and is looking forward to his next round.
Wilf in the pits next to his pit bike
The new pavilion
If you didn’t already know, I have a YouTube channel. I’ve been trying to start one up for a few years now and I’d start it then not keep up with it because of time and lacking video ideas. However I recently downsized my camera to a Canon G7x (which I love) and re-started my YouTube channel. My aim is weekly vlogs because that’ll be easier to work around my university but still have videos that are tutorials, hauls and so on. I think having a more laid back channel will be so much easier to work around my schedule and as I’m not working anymore I’ll have time on a weekend to edit or film if I need too.
The channels been up for about a month now and I have managed to keep uploading at least one video a week (which is my aim) and I have been really enjoying it. Having spent four years studying photography I didn’t want to completely forget my creative side, however I just don’t have the buzz to take photos anymore, I seem to have more of a buzz to film videos and write blog posts which I am enjoying so much more. So check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you’d like. Its not perfect and there is room for improvement, but I have just started and improvement will come as I do it more often.
Heres a link to my YouTube Channel if you’d like to look!
I thought since there was so much that I’m currently excited about that I’d put it in a blog post. There is one huuuge thing I’m super super excited about, but I don’t want to write about it right now because I personally think its a huge thing I want to tell as few people about as possible until it actually happens.
- Starting University: I start university on the 25th September and let me tell you, words cannot describe how excited I am to start. I’ve always wanted to do something in the NHS (ignoring my 4 years of photography) but I couldn’t figure out what, until talking to my mum and she suggested Physiotherapy and it all clicked. I applied for university with no physio experience, no science A-level (but I did have an A*A*A in art, design & photography….) and the caring experience really to show was growing up as a young carer for my mum. I applied to four universities, three declined and one gave me an interview before offering me a place. The bonus? It was my dream university that I was dying to attend!
- Going to Copenhagen: My boyfriend and myself booked a city break in Copenhagen right before Christmas to go to their Christmas markets and sight see. I’m super excited because it looks like such a gorgeous country. I’m going to Vlog whilst out there and take plenty of photos for blog posts.
- Getting a New Car: This one is also happening fairly soon. My current cars slightly unreliable in terms of breaking down. I can’t complain, its a 2002 Renault Clio and has endured three years of my driving, driving either a short ten minute distance or a two/three hour distance (not much of an in-between) and has also made it out of one car accident fairly unscathed (the other car not so much….). Its broken down twice for actual reasons, but recently its developed a liking of turning on the engine management light, revving itself and not allowing me to accelerate… all with no apparent reason (we even connected a diagnostics kit and didnt get any codes). The fact I needed a new car really set in yesterday when I was sitting in traffic, went to pull off and my car just turned itself off… engine management light on…. but no power. It wouldn’t turn over too & when it did, it revved so loud I instantly turned it off…. so yeah, I’m car shopping! There’ll also be a video & blog post on my new car!
- Learning Italian: Considering myself and my boyfriend spend a lot of time in Italy…. neither of use speak very much Italian, and what we do speak is fairly bad. So we’ve found ourselves an Italian teacher to come and teach us some so we don’t have to rely on his Aunt & her son to translate for us. The exciting thing is we aren’t going to tell them, we’re gonna turn up and start chatting in Italian as a surprise.
- Snowboarding: This isn’t until February/March time depending on my holiday times around uni, but I’m going back to Italy for snowboarding again this year with friends. I spend a fair amount of time in Italy because my boyfriend has family friends out there who have three houses and lend us one to snowboard. So we pay £50 rent for the electrics/water we use, and bus it up the mountain everyday to snowboard, before coming back in the evening!
This is about all going on at the moment that I’m excited about so keep an eye out on vlogs & blog posts about some of these things!!
So I found this tag online which I think is an interesting one, I’m planning on doing a get to know me video for my YouTube channel soon and came across this and thought it would make a good one for my blog. So here we go:
1. Did you wake up cranky? Not today no
2. Would you date an 18-year-old at you’r current age? Nope, not into younger guys
3. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys? either, not really fussed
4. Would you ever smile at a stranger? yep, always do if they smile at me or look at me
5. Can you commit to one person? 100% yes, already committed & going strong
6. How do you look right now? rough. as. hell.
7. What exactly are you wearing right now? leggins & a baggy top with a messy pony
8. How often do you listen to music? EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I would die with out music.
9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more? ohhhhh…. I think its a tie…. probably jeans????
10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2020? Yes. Got so many good things to look forward to and so much that can change really quickly11. Are you an introvert or an extrovert. extrovert.
12. Are you good at hiding your feelings? yep I really can
13. Can you drive a stick shift? Guessing this is a manual car & yes, thats what I learnt to drive in.
14. Do you care if people talk badly about you? Nope. It amuses me because their wasting so much of their time bitching & its not affecting me in the slightest.
15. Are you going out of town soon? I’m going to Copenhagen in December
16. When was the last time you cried? a few weeks ago
17. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to? yes. When I first met my boyfriend, although I thought he was cute, never expected him to ever like me.
18. If you could change your eye color, would you and what color would they be? I love my eye colour…. I’d maybe make them a more striking blue but otherwise no
19. Name something you have to do tomorrow? I have to go training if I want to do nationals in November….
Hope this was interesting & dont forget to check out my YouTube channel!!
Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to Tonbridge to meet him mum. It was my first time meeting her because she lives out in Australia so I haven’t had a chance to meet her. We had lunch at a resturant called Graze which was next to the river and had a nice lunch, before going for a wander along the river and ending up on a footpath which we followed and just chatted. After the walk we decided on sitting by the river with a coffee where we heard music coming from the castle, only to find there was an orchestra there playing, so we moved up and listened to them playing. It was honestly such an amazing day and we had really nice weather for it too. Wilfs (my boyfriend) mum had so many amazing stories to tell from Australia which I really enjoyed listening to and really made me want to go to Australia and see it all myself.
Here are some photos from Tonbridge:
I’ve finally manned up and done something I’ve been wanting to do for ages. I’ve started a Vlog YouTube channel. I’ve tried countless times to make a channel with weekly videos, however I just don’t have the time to sit down and plan, film and edit and video that’s going to be as good as I want it to be, so this way I can do that.
I’ll be uploading weekly vlogs (my life isn’t interesting enough for daily vlogs, especially since I’m going to uni in September). So I’ll be filming through out the week and putting it into one weekly video that will be uploaded every Sunday. The perks to this is that if I then get a video idea, some extra time or a product to review or something to haul, I can then do a sit down video. I’ve been wanting to do YouTube for nearly five years now and just haven’t built up the courage to do it, and by the time I did, I didn’t have enough time to dedicate to it. So heres to another chance. Please subscribe to my channel, I should have my first video up this week!
I love make up and clothes. Fact. Do I have enough space for them? No. An email I got earlier this week got me thinking about how I would design my own dream dressing room if I didn’t have a budget. I was sent a link to a US furniture brand with some amazingly designed furniture which I would totally purchase if I had the money. So here is how my dream dressing room would look.
For the wallpaper I would have shimmery turquoise paper with gold flecks in it on the main feature wall with the other walls being a light grey/white shade. I’d match this to a golden/brass coloured chandelier for lighting as well as some white tea light holders for that extra cosy feel.
For my dressing table I would have the desk shown below, putting some cute storage boxes in the hutches and putting a marble sticker sheet over the dark wood to keep the lighter theme running, or maybe even just paint it the same shade as white as the dresser that I would use for storage. On top of the dresser I would have a tealight holder and the Hurricane vase with some light pink Lillies in, as well as having a tealight and the glass cylinder on the desk to hold my make up brushes. I really loved the design of the chair, especially with the darker edges and legs.
I’d also have a coffee table and sofa to chill on as well as for my friends to sit on when we’re getting ready for a night out. I’d put the embroidered pillows on the sofa to keep it comfy as well as another Hurricane vase on the table for some more flowers. I’d have the mirror in the corner by the dresser so I can see what my outfits are like, and of course I’d have a mirror with lights around the edge on my desk/make up table.
All products featured above are from Arhaus
If you are looking for some beautiful Lights & pendant lights then check out these links!