When I went to London with my friend, we went straight into Selfridges. It was like heaven. I’ve never been to Selfridges before and I order a lot of my make up online so walking into there where there was so much good looking make up was amazing! I went to all the stalls and had an idea of some products that I wanted to buy and held myself back from buying some products (the Victoria Beckham highlighter is high up on my Christmas list just saying). However I’ve been eyeing Charlotte Tilbury products for a few years but just never got round to buying anything from her, but my friend Arabella has her sculpt palette and when we saw it at her stand, I brought it. The lady who served us also gave us sixteen foundation samples to share between us as well which was pretty cool of her to do.
I’ve been using this everyday since I got it and I have to admit. Its amazing. If you want a subtle contour this is 100% the one for you. When I go to uni I don’t want to be wearing a really bold contour and highlight because thats a bit OTT for uni. But this is perfect, the bronze is subtle but you can see the difference when its on, it blends really easily and is really pigmented. The highlight, although its gold and I’ve never used a gold highlight before, is really nice. Its not a harsh highlight so if you want it a bit more blinding you have to really build it up, but it looks super gorgeous on the skin and adds a really natural looking glow. I want to try this with an Iconic London liquid highlighter, but as mines in the pink shade I need to repurchase the golden one (as long as its not too dark for me as I’m fairly pale). This is 100% going to be my go to for university and its in a really pretty packaging thats pretty sturdy and thin at the same time. 100% reccomend.
I thought since there was so much that I’m currently excited about that I’d put it in a blog post. There is one huuuge thing I’m super super excited about, but I don’t want to write about it right now because I personally think its a huge thing I want to tell as few people about as possible until it actually happens.
- Starting University: I start university on the 25th September and let me tell you, words cannot describe how excited I am to start. I’ve always wanted to do something in the NHS (ignoring my 4 years of photography) but I couldn’t figure out what, until talking to my mum and she suggested Physiotherapy and it all clicked. I applied for university with no physio experience, no science A-level (but I did have an A*A*A in art, design & photography….) and the caring experience really to show was growing up as a young carer for my mum. I applied to four universities, three declined and one gave me an interview before offering me a place. The bonus? It was my dream university that I was dying to attend!
- Going to Copenhagen: My boyfriend and myself booked a city break in Copenhagen right before Christmas to go to their Christmas markets and sight see. I’m super excited because it looks like such a gorgeous country. I’m going to Vlog whilst out there and take plenty of photos for blog posts.
- Getting a New Car: This one is also happening fairly soon. My current cars slightly unreliable in terms of breaking down. I can’t complain, its a 2002 Renault Clio and has endured three years of my driving, driving either a short ten minute distance or a two/three hour distance (not much of an in-between) and has also made it out of one car accident fairly unscathed (the other car not so much….). Its broken down twice for actual reasons, but recently its developed a liking of turning on the engine management light, revving itself and not allowing me to accelerate… all with no apparent reason (we even connected a diagnostics kit and didnt get any codes). The fact I needed a new car really set in yesterday when I was sitting in traffic, went to pull off and my car just turned itself off… engine management light on…. but no power. It wouldn’t turn over too & when it did, it revved so loud I instantly turned it off…. so yeah, I’m car shopping! There’ll also be a video & blog post on my new car!
- Learning Italian: Considering myself and my boyfriend spend a lot of time in Italy…. neither of use speak very much Italian, and what we do speak is fairly bad. So we’ve found ourselves an Italian teacher to come and teach us some so we don’t have to rely on his Aunt & her son to translate for us. The exciting thing is we aren’t going to tell them, we’re gonna turn up and start chatting in Italian as a surprise.
- Snowboarding: This isn’t until February/March time depending on my holiday times around uni, but I’m going back to Italy for snowboarding again this year with friends. I spend a fair amount of time in Italy because my boyfriend has family friends out there who have three houses and lend us one to snowboard. So we pay £50 rent for the electrics/water we use, and bus it up the mountain everyday to snowboard, before coming back in the evening!
This is about all going on at the moment that I’m excited about so keep an eye out on vlogs & blog posts about some of these things!!
This palette has been everywhere. I saw the reviews and people saying its bad and hitting pan on the first use so I was unsure on if I wanted to spend £40 on the palette or not. Typically I decided I would buy it and make my own decision because I really liked the looks you could make with the palette.
I’ve been playing about with it for a few weeks now and although its not the best palette in the world and you really have to work the pigments to get them to blend nicely, I do think the looks that you can get after are really worth it. I found for me the best way to blend it out was to pat the shade in the part I wanted darkest, then to put a bit more product on my brush and blend it out. I don’t think the pigmentation is that bad, you don’t need swirl your brush in it or dig it in too harsh, I found a light tap gave me enough pigment to work with and I’d advise building the colour rather than putting a lot on at one go.
One problem I did find, I did a halo eye, was I’d get the shade in the inner and outer corner, put the shimmer in the middle and blend it a bit to get a nice transition between the colours, and the darker colour would disappear. I had to re-apply the darker shade twice before it finally did what I wanted it too. However it was worth it and the look was bold and striking (not something I often go for but I really liked this).
I think this palette is 100% workable you just need to figure out how to use the pigments and make them work for your advantage, once you figure it out, it honestly looks amazing and lasts ages, it didn’t budge off my eyes when I used the palette for a BBQ last weekend. I do really like this palette its just not really going to be a staple for me.
watch my review & make up look on YouTube:
So I found this tag online which I think is an interesting one, I’m planning on doing a get to know me video for my YouTube channel soon and came across this and thought it would make a good one for my blog. So here we go:
1. Did you wake up cranky? Not today no
2. Would you date an 18-year-old at you’r current age? Nope, not into younger guys
3. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys? either, not really fussed
4. Would you ever smile at a stranger? yep, always do if they smile at me or look at me
5. Can you commit to one person? 100% yes, already committed & going strong
6. How do you look right now? rough. as. hell.
7. What exactly are you wearing right now? leggins & a baggy top with a messy pony
8. How often do you listen to music? EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I would die with out music.
9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more? ohhhhh…. I think its a tie…. probably jeans????
10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2020? Yes. Got so many good things to look forward to and so much that can change really quickly11. Are you an introvert or an extrovert. extrovert.
12. Are you good at hiding your feelings? yep I really can
13. Can you drive a stick shift? Guessing this is a manual car & yes, thats what I learnt to drive in.
14. Do you care if people talk badly about you? Nope. It amuses me because their wasting so much of their time bitching & its not affecting me in the slightest.
15. Are you going out of town soon? I’m going to Copenhagen in December
16. When was the last time you cried? a few weeks ago
17. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to? yes. When I first met my boyfriend, although I thought he was cute, never expected him to ever like me.
18. If you could change your eye color, would you and what color would they be? I love my eye colour…. I’d maybe make them a more striking blue but otherwise no
19. Name something you have to do tomorrow? I have to go training if I want to do nationals in November….
Hope this was interesting & dont forget to check out my YouTube channel!!
Again, another product I’ve had since my birthday in May that I’ve taken forever to write a review on, but trust me, their so worth it. I got the Spectrum brushes for my birthday and I got the the 12 piece Bomb Shell Set and Oyster Roll which comes to £79.99.
I’ve read a lot about the Spectrum brushes and had been thinking about purchasing some myself before my birthday came around and my nan agreed to buy them for me. They are honestly the best brushes and so worth the money! I honestly love these brushes so much, their soft but not useless, the eye brushes pick up pigment easily and blend gorgeously! I use the B05 Luxe Blender to apply my highlighter and can I just say…. amazing. I currently flip between the Jeffree Star highlighter (my absolute fav) and the NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder (again such an amazing drug store highlighter, review coming). And this brush gives you such a blinding glow its just astonishing and I can’t get over it. I also use the C02 contour brush to apply my cream contour and again, it does the most amazing job, it applies evenly and blends so nicely.
If you’ve never seen or heard of Spectrum you need to 100% check them out and get yourself some of their brushes because they are such a staple for me and I use them everyday. I keep them in brush pots but keep my Oyster Roll in a drawer for when I go away on holiday so I can pack all my brushes easily and know where they all are.
Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to Tonbridge to meet him mum. It was my first time meeting her because she lives out in Australia so I haven’t had a chance to meet her. We had lunch at a resturant called Graze which was next to the river and had a nice lunch, before going for a wander along the river and ending up on a footpath which we followed and just chatted. After the walk we decided on sitting by the river with a coffee where we heard music coming from the castle, only to find there was an orchestra there playing, so we moved up and listened to them playing. It was honestly such an amazing day and we had really nice weather for it too. Wilfs (my boyfriend) mum had so many amazing stories to tell from Australia which I really enjoyed listening to and really made me want to go to Australia and see it all myself.
Here are some photos from Tonbridge:
I’ve finally manned up and done something I’ve been wanting to do for ages. I’ve started a Vlog YouTube channel. I’ve tried countless times to make a channel with weekly videos, however I just don’t have the time to sit down and plan, film and edit and video that’s going to be as good as I want it to be, so this way I can do that.
I’ll be uploading weekly vlogs (my life isn’t interesting enough for daily vlogs, especially since I’m going to uni in September). So I’ll be filming through out the week and putting it into one weekly video that will be uploaded every Sunday. The perks to this is that if I then get a video idea, some extra time or a product to review or something to haul, I can then do a sit down video. I’ve been wanting to do YouTube for nearly five years now and just haven’t built up the courage to do it, and by the time I did, I didn’t have enough time to dedicate to it. So heres to another chance. Please subscribe to my channel, I should have my first video up this week!